Srinagar: The army on Monday said that China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) were stopped after they made overnight “provocative military movements” to change the status quo near Pangong Tso.
The incident, as per army, took place during the intervening night of 29 and 30 August.
“Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) troops violated the previous consensus arrived at during military and diplomatic engagements during the ongoing standoff in Eastern Ladakh and carried out provocative military movements to change the status quo,” the army said in a statement.
The statement said that “Indian troops pre-empted this PLA activity on the Southern Bank of Pangong Tso Lake, undertook measures to strengthen our positions and thwart Chinese intentions to unilaterally change facts on ground.”
“The Indian Army is committed to maintaining peace and tranquillity through dialogue, but is also equally determined to protect its territorial integrity”, the statement issued by army said.
“A Brigade Commander level Flag Meeting is in progress at Chushul to resolve the issues”, the statement added.
It may be recalled that the Indian Foreign Minister, S Jaishankar, last week said that the stand-off this year in Eastern Ladakh along the line of actual control (LAC) is serious than situation after 1962. KNO
“Prove them as militants or return bodies: Families of South Kashmir youth killed in Lawaypora demand SIT probe
Pulwama: The three families from South Kashmir whose kin were killed in a purported gunfight...