As fresh conflict reignited between Chinese and Indian troops at the border of both countries, the Chinese foreign ministry has come up with its assertion soon after Indian Army issued a statement on Monday.
The ministry has said that Chinese border troops “never cross the line of actual control,” Reuters reported.
Chinese foreign ministry spokesman, Zhao Lijian, told a news briefing on Monday that “Both sides are in communication regarding the situation on the ground.”
Earlier in the day, the Indian army said in a statement that China’s PLA troops “violated the previous consensus arrived at during military and diplomatic engagements during the ongoing standoff in Eastern Ladakh and carried out provocative military movements to change the status quo.”
The incident, as per army, took place during the intervening night of 29 and 30 August.
The statement said that “Indian troops pre-empted this PLA activity on the Southern Bank of Pangong Tso Lake, undertook measures to strengthen our positions and thwart Chinese intentions to unilaterally change facts on ground.”
“The Indian Army is committed to maintaining peace and tranquillity through dialogue, but is also equally determined to protect its territorial integrity”, the statement issued by army said.
“A Brigade Commander level Flag Meeting is in progress at Chushul to resolve the issues”, the statement added.
Leh: Amid the India-China standoff, tourism department in Ladakh has reopened Pangong Lake for tourists...